Sunday, May 29, 2011

My First Tornado Warning...

...And I'm currently in the closet, 'cause I can't figure out how to work Sawyer's harness, and he won't sit still long enough for me to try.

And Crysta's at mom's house. JOY.

Amy (an old friend in MI) said not to worry, and I'm trying not to. But, for all you tornado-survivors out there, imagine your first 5.0 or 6.0 earthquake. Freaked or would freak you the hell out, right? Well, that's what a Tornado warning does to me. So I'm sitting in the closet, listening to grainy radio (cause we have no TV), and trying not to flip. Sawyer is above me, on the shelf, purring away and looking generally content.

Freaking cat.


So until 6:15 I will sit here, having to pee, and wait until the warning is over. It was a little cool hearing the sirens for the first time, though. Had I had Netflix playing, I wouldn't have heard them at all. They are VERY far from my apartment, it seems. Not good for nighttime. I sleep through anything.

I've opened windows, made sure I have stuff in the closet, and have the radio on and to a news channel. You may think this overkill, but if you know me at all, you know I'm paranoid, prepare early, and over prepare... just in case. It never hurts.

So... I'm going to scoot to the bathroom quickly, then settle in with some NPR and wait it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment